I’ve been so busy lately I almost forgot to do my yearly blog post. Today, April 15, my blog celebrates its SEVENTH birthday!
What started as a few rambling thoughts that had been haunting me since my color belt days has evolved into so much more. Thank you all for your readership and support.
As I always do on my yearly bloggiversary, I present my ten favorite posts of the past year:
- Finding Balance and Looking Forward (May 2020) – The manic buzz of the initial pandemic shutdown has worn out and has me thinking.
- Gordon Ramsay Is My Spiritual Writing Guide (June 2020) – My editing process isn’t entirely different than how the world’s favorite screaming chef produces beautiful food. Once in a while it is okay to demand perfection.
- How I Got a Publishing Deal…a Story Told Backward (July 2020) – This is the story of how my memoir went from a document in my laptop to a book in readers’ hands.
- Knee Surgery: Pre-Op Jokes and Dr. Pepper (July 2020) – Of course I have to include this one. This is the story of having major surgery in the time of COVID and what happens when the anesthesia wears off.
- Slow to Go Fast (August 2020) – Cody from the physical therapy chapters of my memoir makes an appearance, and I re-learn how to walk.
- The Surprisingly Therapeutic Aspect of Watching the “Cobra Kai” Series (September 2020) – I watch season two of Cobra Kai the same weekend my family gains a new addition. It turns out Johnny Lawrence and I have several things in common.
- The Case for Working on Your Weaknesses (October 2020) – Working on your weaknesses can help you match your strengths…and maybe not favor one leg so much you tear the ACL in the weaker leg. But what do I know?
- My Book Is About Taekwondo…and Mental Illness. There, I Finally Said It. (February 2021) – Mic drop.
- First Post-Surgery Yoga Class: a Revelation (March 2021) – I’ve practiced yoga since age eighteen. My first class since knee surgery feels like a fresh start.
- So I Have a Side Hustle After All…Um, #BossBabe? (April 2021) – Here’s what I’ve been doing rather than updating my blog more regularly. 🙂
Bonus Post: Jumping (Cautiously) Into 2021: Staying Focused on What Matters (January 2021) – This post has been popular with readers, so I want to share it again.
Stay tuned for my upcoming book– “Kicking and Screaming: a Memoir of Madness and Martial Arts” published by She Writes Press. Coming to a bookseller near you April 20, 2021!
Create your own awesome blog with WordPress. Click this link for more information!